The photos we took in the bush:view the whole album
South Africa was our first port of call on our big getaway trip. Partly because it is one way of getting to Europe, partly because we can get slightly cheaper air-tickets through Carl’s uncle – but actually, in reality we don’t need much of an excuse to go back to visit our friends and family there.
We were spoilt rotten by our friends while there and left for Europe needing to shed more than a few kilos. It was a lovely start to our holiday, allowing us to relax and prepare for the journey ahead…
Time in South Africa: 32 nights
Highlights of the trip were:
- Simply catching up with everyone, feeling like no time had passed since we last saw them.
- A week at our friends home in the african bush, bordering the Kruger National Park.
- Hot-air ballooning with friends on a calm Johannesburg morning over a game reserve, looking down on animals far below.
- Visiting Cape Point, walking along the edge of the crystal clear water, gazing up to the mountain peaks above with Carl’s uncle.
- Spending a weekend with friends at the famous Pinnacle Point golf estate, with exquisite weather and even more exquisite surrounds.
- The weather – everywhere we went, the sun shone – morning after morning we were met with the bluest skies and every evening, an orange sunset filled the horizon.
Some photos from the rest of our South African trip:view the whole album